Peacock breeding

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jamienixon, Mar 7, 2017.

1. jamienixon

jamienixon New Egg

May 4, 2014
    Hi! I don't know if I am posting right.
    I got a pair of peacocks last year for mothers day. He is about 6 and she is about 3 from what I was told. I have searched and searched but just can't seem to find an answer. We all know that chickens will lay eggs for about 2 years after they start. How long will peahens? No one seems to know. I'm crossing my fingers that someone here has raised and bred peacocks for awhile and has an answer.
    Thank you!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Put "Peafowl thread," in the search box above and it will pop up for you. They have some very thoughtful and experienced folks on that thread, who can help you.[​IMG]

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under jamienixon [​IMG] Welcome!

This is the link to the Peafowl Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/51/peafowl

I hope the folks there are able to help you out.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Oops! I posted the same link twice - and not the Peafowl thread. Thanks, Teila , for spotting that!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope you find the answer to your question on the peafowl forum.

Best of luck to you!

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, howdy, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so glad you were able to join us, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by