Peacock emergency

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bandit1988, Dec 28, 2013.

1. bandit1988

bandit1988 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    From what I can tell all Desmond's symptoms point to worms he has no weight not himself very unenfusiastic and listless barely eats barely drinks I'm started him on worming medication and I'm force feeding him high protiene shake and isotonic sports drink as he's gotten to the point he can barely stand up the only thing I can think if logically is worms the symptoms all point to it. Rapid weight loss. Listlessness. His dropping aren't solid there just water so all the food he's eating the worms are eating it all what do you think am I on the right track? I'm hoping he will start to improve in a few days. But only time will tell he's about 6 months old and is about the size of a normal hen. He was living in my house and has become very friendly with humans and had interactions with my chooks but he was fine Untill I took him to live at work 5 weeks ago he was fine and healthy and very active then over the past 3 weeks he's been getting more listless Untill I brought him home last week but I only started on the worming med flubeven last night all the evidence points to worms but I've never had a bad case of worms. He was moved into a pen with 2 baby ginuea fowl and there had previously been chickens in there a day previous for a few weeks. Could he have picked up worms from there droppings?

2. bandit1988

bandit1988 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Don't worry he's gone. Obviously got to it too late

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by