Peacock Feathers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by QuackHead, Jul 12, 2008.

1. QuackHead

QuackHead New Egg

Jun 14, 2008
    Missouri
    I was just wondering what peacock feathers were worth, Id like to sell the ones we have.. If you have any Idea please post it [​IMG] thanks

2. CatAteBird

CatAteBird Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Yukon Oklahoma
    You can get anywhere from 30 cents to 50 cents a feather depending on the length. Local Florists love them.

3. QuackHead

QuackHead New Egg

Jun 14, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Thanx a bunch... our 2 male India Blue have dropped all there feathers.. Is this a normal moulting time?

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure on the time but,

I was trying to hatch some out they did not make it but I did get some info before I got started.

Every year the cock birds loose their tail feathers, the hens may continue to lay eggs but they will not be fertile. I know that it is normal for them to loose them, just not sure on when. [​IMG]

ETA,
    if you want the guys e-mail addy I can give it to you, he is a HUGE breeder.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  5. CatAteBird

CatAteBird Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Yukon Oklahoma
    It's that time of year! My males are losing their tales. It's like an easter egg hunt on finding the feathers in the yard [​IMG]

6. wyndski

wyndski Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Yep.. it is that time of year. Mine has lost most of his feathers. I don't think he knows it as he still tries to display them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by