Peacock Sinus Infection.

fowlfarm

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Hi,
I have a Blue India Peacock that seems to get recurring sinus/eye infections. His sinus' swell and sometimes causes his eye to swell shut. He also loses some head and neck feathers too. I've give him the antibiotic the vet suggested, only for the infection to clear up and unfortunately return. Any advice on this perplexing problem would be helpful.
Thanks
Tony

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
I don't know how to treat this but thought I'd give it a bump in case someone on here does. How is the peacock doing today?

fowlfarm

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
The Peacock is doing about the same, he seems fine he's got a great personallity,but a very swollen eye. Thanks for asking.
Best Regards
Tony

oldtimer6

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
I have turkeys and peacocks I have 2 turkeys with the sinus infection I have been giving them duramycin I got at the feed store

Birdlovnlady

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2018
I use Tylon50 bought it at tractor supply. I have a hen (female peacock) that gets re-accruing sinus infections. If anyone does know why this happens and how to prevent it I would be grateful to know.

Birdlovnlady

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2018
I forgot to tell you to give 2ml by mouth twice a day for 3 days then once a day for 4 days. It always clears my girl up.

discerning

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
My male lost vision in his left eye due to sinus infection I have the Tylan injectable
I thinK it will become chronic

Top Bottom