Peacocks in my backyard?!?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by MillersFarm, Jun 6, 2017.

1. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Hey all, So this morning i woke up to see an all white peacock in my backyard, Thinking "how on Earth is this here??" i later call a phone call from my dad asking if i had any peacocks saying that his neighbor spotted two peacocks in his backyard, A white one and a blue one. And so i told him that the white one was in our backyard and if he knew if anyone owned them but he doesnt, And so later on the day i kept an eye on the white one and spotted a green-ish blue/brown peacock by my chicken coop So i decided to get my chicken net fence and try to trapped them in it, the only problem is they keep running away! Any tips on how to catch both of these guys?

2. Holy cow! You live in Lewiston?!?!?! That's not far from here!!!! Sorry, I'm good with chickens not peacocks, @casportpony?

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  4. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Sure do! I think they moved on i cant find them, And yeah im pretty new to pfowl, we were thinking about getting a pair at an auction then these two show up! Pretty crazy huh?

5. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @new 2 pfowl is a person that has had experience catching peafowl. Click on their name and you'll see their profile. You are @MillersFarm , and I'm @casportpony :)

Debs Flock likes this.
  6. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

...and we are all together.... Oh, wait, that is a Beatles song.

7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    :)

8. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    I would love to have peafowl show up in my yard. Well, as long as they weren't in danger or sick/injured.

casportpony likes this.
  9. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    They are amazing birds!

10. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Is it just the males that can get loud?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by