Peacocks

memela6

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2017
Can anyone tell if these are males or females?

Attachments

• DSCF3639.JPG
    DSCF3639.JPG
    568.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF3636.JPG
    DSCF3636.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 15
It is a little early to say for sure and the pics are not very good, better close ups in better lighting would help. It does look like at least one is a hen maybe two.
Thanks I had a hard time trying to get the pics they keep moving will try to get a few more.Still in the brooding pen in the barn.

im new to peacocks. wild peacocks are around here. a hen had a clutch of 7 eggs. something took six eggs, leaving 1. i incubated, not knowing what would happen. mom looked like a huge brown rock sitting under the tree, hiding, but a colorful head. my husb has photo of hen, no clue on cock. we do have solid white and partially white fowl here. im still learning breed names, etc. all i know is THIS one is very spoiled and imprinted on me. i even understand a few of her sounds/calls. (hungry, scared, curious, cold/needs snuggles, content) i acidentally discovered how to warn her of danger when i trilled a sound randomly and she took cover! its fun, but a huge commitment! all ideas, advise, comments VERY welcomed! im just sad shes alone! shes too scared of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom