Peafowl eggs on eBay...

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
I am always checking to see what there is in the way of peafowl hatching eggs on eBay, and I saw one with 6 eggs that said FROM SEPERATE PENS CONTAINING,,BLUE PIED,PURPLE PIED,BLACK SHOULDER,OATEN,PURPLE BLACK SHOULDER,MIDNIGHT BLACK SHOULDER,INDIA BLUE,AND WHITE. Starting bid is 99.99 I have to wonder if that's a typo? Sounds a bit steep for what is being offered... There aren't any bids on them.

Little high for the type, but some colors and patterns would bring more than that. Like my charcoal pied eggs sold for over 150 .00 for 4 eggs. bid was started at 50.00. (LAST YEAR) I gave few away this year ,

But depends on which he sells, but 10.00 a egg and up would be about right for those colors

Quote:
I can understand that deerman... Java brings in more per egg too. What got me was that the mix includes IB, Pied, White... and since it's listed as a mix and doesn't specify what colors you will get other than what is laid that day or the day before, you could end up with mostly IB. And shipping is $20. For that price and what the choices are, I would expect shipping to be included. I wonder if I should send a message and ask if it's a typo? For $120 I could almost get 6 CHICKS instead of six eggs that may or may not hatch. I could see paying $60 or $70 for those eggs, but in that case the starting bid should be set lower and let it work up.

I saw that ad. Poor grammar, bad spelling, horrible pictures, and the seller is one of the worst examples of a human being I've seen in a long time.

I can't believe he sells anything with an attitude like that.

Check out his feedback

Last edited:
I saw that reply too, and it's one reason I didn't ask about the price. I look at a sellers negatives to see if they look justified (I understand that some people can't be pleased and are quick to leave negatives), but it also tells me a lot about the seller to see how they respond. That doesn't sound like anyone I would want to deal with. The pen is muddy, sometimes that can't really be helped but there is an egg sitting in the mud. I would have removed that before taking a picture if I were trying to sell eggs.

Back
Top Bottom