Peafowl Genetics Database

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Arbor, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Arbor

Arbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    The following link is my trial genetics search tool. Please feel free to give it a try, however, realize that it is not nearly complete, but only a sample. At this point, only IB is available as a colour. Please also refrain from editing. A lot of hours have gone into it already, and you'd mess it up for everyone else if you did. Please also reset the filters when you're done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au5HlaEuOi9GdHZienFTQ1laM19iMV9ibWd1QmVQc3c

I am looking for comments, ideas, thoughts and criticisms (be polite though [​IMG] ) I haven't had the time to go through it again for mistakes, so be aware its not perfect. This trial version will be available for public use for a period of two weeks, after which, the link will be disabled. Thank-you and have fun.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Wow, [​IMG], thanks!

3. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Wow, Arbor, I finally took a close look at that spreadsheet -- you have really undertaken a monumental task.
    (It makes me feel fortunate that there are only IBs here and I don't have to think about this kind of thing!)

4. Arbor

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    Many of the individual colours will be able to be cut an pasted, especially when I get a sex-linked colour done to.

5. Arbor

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    Still needing some feedback please...otherwise we'll be forced to put this on the back-burner [​IMG]

6. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    Arbor,I'll be the first to admit I know just enough here on genetics to maybe,maybe get a spark off of 2 pieces of flint but not enough to get a flame going.I very seldom reply to genetic questions because once I think I have things straight someone else knows diffrent and my learning curve goes right over the wall.

7. Arbor

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    I basically want to know if the instructions are clear, and would it provide the answer to a lot of the genetic questions of what do you get when you breed A to B. I know its only small at this point, but maybe if everyone tried say a male blackshoulder or split to blackshoulder bred to female single or double copy white eyed? Are the results understandable - I know that the key is located on another page, but it is only a basic spreadsheet, and I have very little to work with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by