1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

peafowl hel needed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by iky114p, May 23, 2016.

1. iky114p

iky114p Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2016
    Hi Need some advice i live in the UK but was in pakistan last year where we have 14 peafowl in total including 5 peahens which laid a total of 103 eggs last year but no peahen went broody and all the eggs went bad so this year after looking up on byc i got 1 incubator and 1 hatcher made things were going good have hatched 23 peachicks so far out of about 41 eggs theres anothere 27 eggs in the incubator and the peahens are still laying but it is so hot in pakistan this time of year 122 degrees farenheit i lost one egg laying peahen yesterday in the morning she was fine around 2pm she was sitting huddled up i assumed she was going to lay an egg around 5pm found her dead sat in the same place feel so sad have lost 4 peachicks aswel its too hot in the wooden brooders can i put the peachicks in an outside coop on the ground after 3-4 weeks and how can i keep the peafowl cool in general any advice on what give them in this intense heat any advice would be highly appreciated thankyou so so so much

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I have read about the terrible heat being experienced in Pakistan. I honestly don't know how anyone can survive that. I know in the hot US states, they use lots of man made shade, low pans of water - for birds to stand in - cool feet cool the whole bird. It's a miracle than any eggs hatch in such extreme temperatures. I know you must be doing the very best you can.

I hope other people will see this and respond to you in more helpful ways.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. iky114p

May 23, 2016
    Thanks so much drumstick diva and bantamfan4life

5. iky114p

May 23, 2016
    Some pics of the peachicks[​IMG]

6. iky114p

May 23, 2016
    [​IMG]