Peafowl, male or female???

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SunnyLemon, Mar 13, 2017.

1. SunnyLemon

SunnyLemon New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    I was wondering if someone could tell me if we have a male and a female or both males/both females! I have submitted a picture with the two of them together. I have had them since they were just a few days old and have been super curious ever since! Thank so much! [​IMG]

2. SunnyLemon

SunnyLemon New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    Don't mind the ducks in the background, I know all three of them are female! Haha also the peas are about 6 months old!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, SunnyLemon, and [​IMG]! Happy to have you inner flock! I know less than zero regarding peafowl. But the folks in the link below know a lot! You might post the pics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/51/peafowl
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

All I know about peafowl are that they are gorgeous! The link redsoxs has given you is the perfect place to get an answer.

Thanks for joining us!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under SunnyLemon [​IMG] Welcome!

I am another one who knows zilch about Peafowl but the folks on the Forum redsoxs gave you a link to should be able to assist.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Folks on the peafowl thread are extremely nice and helpful, I hope you will post the photos there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by