1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Peafowl/Mandarin pen is done

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 3BirdGirlz, Feb 24, 2014.

1. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    We started this project in September, but with our weather it took way longer to finish than expected! Here is when we started:[​IMG] Here we got more of the rails put up: [​IMG] I had to do a lot myself as my husband and I both work, plus our girls are involved with stuff. 2x4 wire is doubled up on the bottom with chicken wire (both I got for free from a friend ) On the top half is 1x2 galvanized wire that I bought. For the top is Top right nylon coated 1x1 netting. I've been letting the Mandarins out everyday and they put themselves to bed in the shed every night and I close it up. I still have to move my Peacock and hen into the pen, but I'd like it to be a bit nicer to do so. Here are pictures from from today...the Mandarins are swimming in snow![​IMG] [​IMG] I am so happy it's finished. I can't wait until spring to add plants and dress it up a bit! I want to put a flower garden around the outside and some bushes to help with cover.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. The Farm

The Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    That is like sssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

3. Chickalina

Chickalina Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Very nice!:thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by