1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

PEAFOWL! QUAILS! ANYTHING!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Feb 11, 2012.

1. so you can post ANY fowl here except
    chickens,
    waterfowl
    and ya

their will be a catergory for every species post, if only 1 is posted you win that group!! so get posting! oh mutts are good

2. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Songster

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    [​IMG]

3. of course you had to post not only a pigeon a FANTAIL! I want a pigeon so bad, but the only pigeon I'll be able to get is a rock dove by Fred Meyers

SO CUTE!!!

4. I have a mutt chicken i could have posted her picture.

5. I'm sorry but I want to see things I want but don't have, LOL

6. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Songster

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    Oh, don't we all! I got her about a month ago, along with A West-of-England-Tumbler. I feel horrible, because two nights ago, my male raped her. I had to stop it. But she has been tense lately.
    Other than that, she is a great cute bird!
    Thanks for the compliments!

7. well i want a scandroon, i dont know what, maybe the goofy look, but i love those things!!
    Aww, well hope she feels better
    where did you get her and how do you have her cage set up? i want to convince my mom to get me at least a rock dove, our neighbor catches them and has pretty ones so i might be able to buy one, he has a hunting dog he uses them for, he sacrificed a BEAUTIFUL one to hunting purposes [​IMG] they easy to care for. like very delicate? I know a rock dove would survive here but I would still let it live inside, how big of a cage does it need and do they want to live in pairs?

8. i wish the dude would at least let me hold the pigeon :/, course he lost one once but still, hes real nice otherwise

9. ooh a voorburg would be awesome too

10. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Songster

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    I bought her at the Northeastern Poultry "Congress" for a whole five dollars. She was a steal!
    Being a young BYCer, and wanting to keep the tradition going, once she mates, I will send you her eggs/ chicks for free! They are pretty easy to care for. In the winter I keep them in my house, but i built them an aviary for the warmer weather. I will post pictures tonight! They prefer living in pairs and get lonely and die if not. Sorry to say.
    But the cage doesn't have to be huge, and I let them fly around the house all day. The cage they sleep in is maybe 4' by 3' by 3' and is really just a converted armoire with chicken wire instead of wood.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by