PEAGUY HAS ENTERED THE LAND OF NO RETURN!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Peaguy, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Chicks arrived from Ideal this morning! 26 fine healthy chickies (Although after coming home from the rodeo tonight one died suspect it didn't get enough water.... I dipped each and every beak when we unboxed them one by one but still feel a little guilty maybe I missed this little girl? They are ALL GIRLS! I ORDERED PULLETS!...right? [​IMG])
    I still haven't id'd them all yet but know I got a mix of standard breeds and standard cochins... those feathered feet just slay me! No NN's though [​IMG] I figured I might get at least a couple of them in my assortment but alas [​IMG]
    Here are a couple of pics of the little piggies! They have already emptied the waterer and the feeder in about 12 hours Gads! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm tired and just now realized that the pics of the buff orpingtons and the lighter colored yellow (butter colored?) didn't load into Photo Bucket, will have to play with that tomorrow!

Oh and there is one I suspect to be blue /splash? It is basically yello with blue/gray undertones to it... Kinda like the first single chick pic but much more subtle in coloring. I will make sure to get a good photo of this one in the morning as well.... Any help Id'ing would be greatly appreciated and welcomed! After just one day... I definately know, we are not in Kansas any more ToTo! [​IMG] I'm gonna have to name one of the girls Barnie just cuz I am going to be screaming and pulling my hair out ALOT![​IMG] [​IMG] Chicks have been put to bed and so shall I follow their lead! Night All!

2. Peaguy

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Okay what'd I do wrong with PB? I'll mess with it more in the morning! G'Night!

3. Peaguy

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    [​IMG] managed to do something right! No more losses during the night. Although their water is filthy and the feeder is just about empty again. [​IMG] Monsters! they are MONSTERS! but awfully Dern cute MONSTERS!
    edited to correct spelling, it's too early and I'm on vacation!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow they are so cool looking !!! I need some new chicks all of mine are around 8 months now [​IMG] and laying up a storm.

Henry

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwww......they are precious!!!! They do eat and drink like little hogs!! If you elevate the water on something it helps keep it cleaner. [​IMG] Here is what I do to ensure that all my pullets really ARE pullets. I give them girl names, call them she....even when their comb gets all big and red, keep doing it. Works well!!! Of my 5, 12 week old chicks, only 3 turned into roos using that method!!! [​IMG] (and yes, I am serious, and yes they were sexed pullets)

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    cute chickies! Glad you've entered! You'll have fun here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by