Peahen has just gone lame

NateinFL

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Wesley Chapel FL
I need some advice here please. I have a peahen I paid $60 for about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed she was not running to the porch with my two males like she normally does when I let her out. Instead she stopped halfway and just shut her eyes. I DO NOT WANT HER TO DIE!! Today I went to the Tractor Supply for Sulmet, thinking she might have coccidiosis. She was perfectly healthy acting until 2 days ago, so I doubt it could be worms, my instinct tell me she has a bad virus or bacteria. She ate a small piece of bread today and she has absolutely no respiratory symptoms, eyes clear, etc. TSC did not have the Sulmet. So I bought Cocci-Rid and electrolytes from a local feed store. Just handling her to get some electrolytes stressed her out so bad I felt horrible. Can someone please give me quick pointers that would apply to my situation. Thanks, Nathan

Sorry your peahen is sick. I use Corid from TSC for coccidia, it is easier on their system and can be given directly if needed, but what symptoms does she show that makes you think it is coccidia...what does her poo look like? Also, worms build up in their system over time and they can have them for a long time before they ever start having problems.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom