Peahen hatching eggs - Concord NC - 2 wks down - OKCarla is up next...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arlee453, Apr 27, 2008.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Parents are purple black shouldered white eyed pied. I am not a peafowl expert, but the breeder tells me offspring will not hatch true and could be a variety of colors. If you would like to see pictures of the parent, just take a peek at the webcam (link in my signature below) anytime during daylight eastern time hours to see them live and in person. The male has a beautiful purple head and a white eyed tail. The girls are mostly white pied with a brown - very lovely and gentle too.

I set the first 6 collected a week ago and I just candled those tonight...all 6 have veining, [​IMG] so I know we have good fertility!

$20 for whatever is laid this week (should be AT LEAST 4 eggs, maybe more - will refund $5 per egg if less than 4 shipped) plus actual postage.

First to post 'sold' gets 'em!

The peacock 'in action':
    [​IMG]

The trio - this is not a great picture - it was late and they had JUST settled into the shelter after we brought them home.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. sagefox

sagefox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    Western PA
    SOLD!

3. sagefox

sagefox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    Western PA
    pm sent [​IMG]

4. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Sent one back at ya!

5. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I'll take the next batch if you have them available.... [​IMG]

6. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Gosh ... I missed this one [​IMG]

Do you expect to have another great deal like this in another week? If so, I would sure like to get on the list.

7. jaybird

jaybird Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    East KY
    I would like to get on the list too... Thanks

8. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Wow! Didn't think there were that many folks looking for mystery hatch peafowl!

I've got you down in the order you replied. I think three weeks ahead is far enough as far as making a list - I'm not sure how much longer they will be laying...don't want to count my eggs before they are laid! [​IMG] If the keep laying longer then I'll repost in a few weeks.

I'll get in touch with you each around Mon/Tues of the week your eggs would ship to make arrangements. Same price works for me - $20 for whatever is laid that week, with min of 4 eggs, plus actual shipping.

9. mswiggi

mswiggi Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2007
    Hi!

I'd love to get put on the list, at least if you're willing to accept another person.

Thanks!

10. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Wiggi - I'll keep you on the list, but can't guarantee there will be eggs that long. I'm hoping they hold out for another 4 weeks as it is...but hopefully they will come through for ya!

Just a note to myself to put tat2lady on the list too...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by