Peanut-Literally....

Padfoot417

Chirping
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Massachusetts
I have a rooster who just today turned 6 weeks old.Is he still supposed to be extremely small?He's a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Peanut yesterday:
downsized_0726111335.jpg

This is Peanut compared to my 10 week old pullet Ginger,I know she's an Orpington and so she's big....
pandc.jpg

Peanut has been completely hand raised,but I don't think that should make a difference in his growth.
He looks as if he has no tail but he does,it's a little sprouting of feathers....
Thanks!

Aw, he's adorable! I don't think anything is wrong with your little guy. 4 to 10 weeks is a period of immense growth for chickens, and boys always seem to lag behind the girls anyway. Chickens are kind of like human kids in how they grow. Boys lag behind the girls, but when they catch up, they do it in a big way and then outgrow the girls.

He'll be gorgeous!

Edit:

Oh my goodness, I just realized that I've seen Peanut before! I'm glad that you decided to keep him even though he didn't turn out to be the breed you wanted.
smile.png

Last edited:
That's awesome to know I was really getting concerned ^.^''''
I wasn't sure with him being my first roo....
I love Peanut though,he's so wonderful!such a wonderful boy and turning out to be totally gorgeous
droolin.gif

He'd rather sit with me than be around the yard pecking to ground,he makes me feel special!
roll.png
hugs.gif

Thank you Pele!!!

Back
Top Bottom