pearl cockatiel baby male or female

criddle8787

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 12, 2014
hi guy i have a pearl cockatiel baby 8 week nearly 9 weeks old he is hand raise n very beautiful i have named him king now the lady i got him from breed the pearl n told me he is a he but when i went to another guy today he said king is a she so im not sure now i no he is very young n hard to sex but i want him to have a name n if he turns out to be a she king will not work n by 6 months will be use to king anyone out there help me out on this thanks

welcome-byc.gif
I'm sorry I don't know anything about cockatiels but Backyard chickens has a section on caged birds. If you post there someone will be able to give you professional advice. My advice is to come up with a neutral name that can be male or female.

welcome-byc.gif

It's been years since I had cockatiels, but judging by the pics I think you do have a male there.

To answer your question, from what I could see in the pic I looked at it's face. Pearl cockatiel males have yellow or white faces and the females grey or brownish. Males also have brighter cheek patches than females.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about cockatiels, but Sumi seems to have answered your question. If you decide you want a second opinion, you can always post its pic on our Caged Birds section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/57/caged-birds-finches-canaries-cockatiels-parrots-etc and let our experts there take a look at it (although I suspect they will tell you the same thing as Sumi). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your cockatiel.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I don't know much about Cockatiels (never had a pet cage bird- though I've always wanted one!). I hope you can find answers to your question!

Back
Top Bottom