1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pearl Harbor ~ National Remembrance Day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sgtmom52, Dec 7, 2012.

1. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG]

December 7, 1941. A date which will live in infamy.

71 years ago, the United States was thrust into World War II when we were attacked by Japan at Pearl Harbor.

The United States recovered from that attack and persevered with our allies and won that war by decisively beating our enemies into submission and surrender.

Please take a moment to honor and remember those who served and those who g

ave their lives to save the world from tyranny. The men and women who saved the world were and still are "The Greatest Generation". May God bless those who have gone to him as well as those who live with us today. They are indeed special people.

Also remember to fly your American flag at half staff from sunrise to sunset.

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    My uncle Joe was a Pearl Harbor survivor. I have a number of is items as a survivor. They are very treasured.

Much like my Uncle Clarence's USMC Kabar knife. He carried it when he fought on Iwo Jima.

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Thanks to your Uncle Joe and many others like him who served this great country.

My Uncle Carl turned 18 on this day 71 years ago and enlisted in the Marines. He is also a hero to me. He is 89 years old today. Happy Birthday Uncle Carl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by