Peas and beans

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaSB12, Apr 25, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    I have just spent time planting 8 5metre rows of beans (purple, green and yellow) and 8 rows of peas. I have another 10 rows of peas and then I never want to see another pea seed for a while. All while the grandkids of one of the allotment holders where having a mock fight. One of them told me he was going to kill the other so I told him to a do it quietly and b not on my pea seeds. I am now going to bed.

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    to save on time and sanity, look into getting an Earthway Precision Seeder.. Got mine for about $80, and saves me bending over, digging a furrow, covering the seeds etc.. LOVE it [​IMG]

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    My peas have been planted for awhile.After I get my stiches out I will plant my beans and soon after that everything else.I have a ton of starters all over the spare bedroom....

4. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Quote:I just looked at it, why did I not buy something like that? I planted a ton of corn and beans, that would have been extremely helpful.[​IMG]

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I just looked at it, why did I not buy something like that? I planted a ton of corn and beans, that would have been extremely helpful.[​IMG]

its one of the best of the back saving tools out there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by