1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pebbles is broody!! Broodyness is contagious

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rooster0209, Apr 27, 2009.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I doubted it would ever happen. I found guinea eggs and left them in two nesting boxes. Yesterday, Pebbles wouldnt come out of the box and she was still in this morning. She is a barred rock looking hen. She is setting on 12 guinea eggs.

Now Blondie has decided to go broody!Geez, a few weeks ago, I was just hoping one would so I wouldn't have to start the bator. I lifted her up a bit, removed todays two chicken eggs, counted and added a few more guinea eggs that were in another nesting box. She now has 12 eggs.

I did have to "fire up" the bator. I have 21 guinea eggs going. Geez, guinea egg overload. Some of my guinea hens have decided to lay in the nesting boxes too. I still have 5 eggs that are 'open' in one box and three empty boxes. Maybe I should put "reserved" signs in them so the other three dont decide to go broody too.

I might get to fill my local keat orders early

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] YAY!!!! congrats!!!! i love broodys

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by