Pebbles layed her first egg this morning!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by M To The Maxx, Jan 18, 2010.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Pebbles one of our RIR hens is 1 1/2 years old [​IMG] and she layed her first egg. It's about time!! I raised her from a chick. Here is a pic of her and her egg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    The egg is bigger in person.

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Congrats on the egg but I have to say, you have WAY more patience than me! My chooks have to pay their way in eggs or they'll pay their way some other way! I got my chicks in August/September so only one hen is laying so far. Another looks close and the three younger ones won't be ready for another 4-6 weeks. I have one who was always runtish. She is the same age as the one who is close to laying but so far still has almost no comb and what she has is pink, so she is a good ways off yet. I decided I'll give her until she's 7-8 months old but if she hasn't matured enough to lay by then, I probably won't keep her around.

4. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] About time silly girl!! lol Congrats!!!

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats to you and the chicken!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, some of us just mature faster than others....I guess she is what is meant by a "Late Bloomer"? [​IMG]

Congrats to Pebbles on her first effort, long in coming though it may be! Patience and perseverance prevails once again! [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I would never get rid of a hen that doesn't lay. I do love to get the eggs but i could never get rid of any of my chickens. I am just a chicken lover!!! Lol.

8. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Can't rush perfection...LOL Congrats Maxx!!

9. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Good job, Pebbles!! A lovely egg. She obviously had to think long and hard about exactly the type, size, color, etc. of the egg so the planning stage took a little while. Now that she has that all down, the eggs will probably arrive regularly. (Unless she decides one was plenty and declares early henopause!---which I would totally understand.) She is very attractive and maybe she didn't want to endanger her trim figure with all that reproduction type stuff. Anyway, congratulations M to the M!!

10. chickens argreat

chickens argreat Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2010
    your hen is beautiful:woot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by