Pebbles layed her first egg this morning!!!

M To The Maxx

Baseball+Girls=Life
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Lutz,FL
Pebbles one of our RIR hens is 1 1/2 years old
roll.png
and she layed her first egg. It's about time!! I raised her from a chick. Here is a pic of her and her egg.

39609_sdc10218.jpg

39609_sdc10220.jpg

Congrats on the egg but I have to say, you have WAY more patience than me! My chooks have to pay their way in eggs or they'll pay their way some other way! I got my chicks in August/September so only one hen is laying so far. Another looks close and the three younger ones won't be ready for another 4-6 weeks. I have one who was always runtish. She is the same age as the one who is close to laying but so far still has almost no comb and what she has is pink, so she is a good ways off yet. I decided I'll give her until she's 7-8 months old but if she hasn't matured enough to lay by then, I probably won't keep her around.

Well, some of us just mature faster than others....I guess she is what is meant by a "Late Bloomer"?
gig.gif

Congrats to Pebbles on her first effort, long in coming though it may be! Patience and perseverance prevails once again!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I would never get rid of a hen that doesn't lay. I do love to get the eggs but i could never get rid of any of my chickens. I am just a chicken lover!!! Lol.

Good job, Pebbles!! A lovely egg. She obviously had to think long and hard about exactly the type, size, color, etc. of the egg so the planning stage took a little while. Now that she has that all down, the eggs will probably arrive regularly. (Unless she decides one was plenty and declares early henopause!---which I would totally understand.) She is very attractive and maybe she didn't want to endanger her trim figure with all that reproduction type stuff. Anyway, congratulations M to the M!!

Back
Top Bottom