1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PEE EWWWWwww ~ What happend???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicks_N_Horses, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Woke up this morning to a stinky smell! Tracked it to the incubator and there is nothing busted or broken but it stinks to high heaven! WHY? What happend? Are they bad now?

This is my first time incubating BTW.

2. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

I would sniff each egg individually to find the bad one and candle them all! My incubator smelled weird last time, but of my 6 that didn't hatch, only 1 had nasty gross black putrid smell and the rest just died. Better find it fast before it explodes!

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Oh and when you find the bad one (A) DO NOT PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE! and (B) Do not jar it or bump it up against something that may make it explode, they are VERY senstive!

4. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I was wondering if I would notice the smell when the egg goes bad, but now I don't think it will be a problem. Good luck getting to the source of the problem.

5. metcalfmk

metcalfmk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    Oh yeah, you will def notice the smell, there is no mistaking it. For sure be careful getting it out of the 'bator, trust me, it is not fun to have one of those blow up on you. [​IMG]

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Eww eww eww! Now I am frightened. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by