Pee Pads under Roost

NCLady

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2018
I have 8 chicks from 3-5 weeks old and setting up my new coop! I was wondering if anyone has ever used Pee Pads under the roost? I thought I could secure them on a wide board under the roost then just pick them up and toss them every couple of days.

What issues would I run into?

Thank you. I may try using the pads but will certainly watch for that and immediately remove them if they pick at them enough to start to cause problems.

I already use pee pads for my Maltese, so I could dispose of the Maltese poop then place themtin the coop so would actually be the second use out of them.

I was thinking laying them on a couple of plastic dog crate pans then building a little frame of chicken wire To cover the pads. Pull them out every day or other and toss them. Then clean off the wire and plastic pans once a week or as needed.

I will see how it goes

I believe the tried and true pee pad / disposable diaper you are looking for is called deep litter. It serves the same purpose.

Yeah I couldn't imagine paying for all those pee pads and working to install them, secure them, dispose of them, when I could just let the chickens poop on their litter and simply dump it all out in the run after a few months.

Back
Top Bottom