pee wee died :'(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sabong, Jun 21, 2010.

1. sabong

sabong In the Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    pee wee was 1 1/2 weeks old and was really tiny compared to his brothers and sisters...but he was healthy...he got trapped between the the waterer and the side of the brooder and drown...now I'm so sad and mad at myself for letting this happen...pee wee was my favorite he chirped all night till i got up and put him in my hat and put him next to me in the bed...i cried [​IMG]...and i haven't cried since i was 6 years old...f*** i miss pee wee...here is a pic of him in my hat
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

one of mine died today from getting herself trapped too. I feel your pain [​IMG]

3. sabong

sabong In the Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    Quote:its killin me to think that one stupid mistake on my part caused this...i just wish i could go back and fix it [​IMG]

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:its killin me to think that one stupid mistake on my part caused this...i just wish i could go back and fix it [​IMG]

Me too, but I never saw an empty flower pot as a danger, ya know??? HOW exactly she managed to knock it off on top of herself we will never know [​IMG]

5. VelvetDragon

VelvetDragon Chirping

May 25, 2010
    Portland Metro Area, OR
    [​IMG] I'm sorry.

6. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Songster

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    aww, cute chick. I'm sorry you lost him.
    Quote:

7. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Sorry for your loss. Try to not beat yourself up too bad. I think most of us have been there and understand how you feel.
    birds both big and small are so vulnerable that its about impossible to consider and prevent every possible scenario.
    Its still hard and it hurts, but you learn, and you think more [​IMG] Hang in there [​IMG]

8. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

Im so sorry. Pee Wee know you loved him.

9. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Songster

Dec 18, 2009
    I am sorry for your loss.

10. DDRanch

DDRanch Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    I am so sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by