Peeing Outside

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mrdruids, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdruids

mrdruids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    i've always enjoyed the alternative to the toilet, letting her loose outside is nice. but i imagine there might be some health concernes in the back yard now that it belongs to the girls. shall i start peein in the front yard instead?

2. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    You got neighbors? [​IMG]

3. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dakotasnake

dakotasnake Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    i do at least 50% of the time, i think its been dunn for 2 1/2 million yrs. just not in the garden.

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    HA! Chickens think you gave them a new water fountain.
    The dogs, horses, goats and other critters pee all over the place, chickens walk through it or around it constantly. Don't worry about it, they eat their own poo sometimes and things much worse. If it isn't good for them when out free ranging then they won't touch it. They aren't as dumb as we make them out to be.

6. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    I make my husband pee around the perimeter of our yard, I have the logic that predators will smell it and be afraid of all the "man markings" they smell around. [​IMG]

7. wyododge

wyododge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    Wyoming
    Quote:I do, not many though. We all get together and see who can pee over a 6' fence. The winner gets a big glass of water and an encore presentation, with a standing room only crowd.

As far as not peeing around the chickens, the more human scent the better. I pee all over the place.

8. mrdruids

mrdruids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    Quote:wow that sounds logical. im not worried about the other critters' pee but, i take narcotic painkillers sometimes, and i take all sorts of antidepressant and bi polar meds so i dont have your good ol natural pee

9. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    wyododge You rock!

I am fairly sure if the chickens got a hold of my Xanex pee they would just be extra mellow on those days. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  10. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    That was one of the criteria for us to move here in the first place. I had to be able to pee off the front porch and back porch without concern of noisy neighbors. It's worked fine so far. And the chickens just better adapt to it.[​IMG] There are so may trees they couldn't see me with a spy glass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by