peeking duck aggrestion

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shantelll, Sep 15, 2016.

1. shantelll

shantelll New Egg

Sep 15, 2016
    hi everyone , I have a peeking duck and 4 chickens , he was brought with one white chook and then i added the other 3 brown ones..I seen him attacking them and dragging them as they tried to get away I thought cause its mating season but it didn't really look as if he was mating with them , it looks like his trying to kill them, and he has ripped some feathers out and injured my chooks neck, he first started with the chook he was raised with and then went to the other chooks cause his really close to the white chook follows her around everywhere wont leave her side ,what do you think it is ? I have removed him from the chooks but he just wants to be near the white chook is it because he is protective of her or jealous..? I let him back in a few days later and he still tried t attack them , I just need to know why he is doing this ?

please and thank you :)

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Your Drake is acting like a Drake....He is trying to breed your hens..Drakes have a penis and Roosters do not..Hens are not made the same way as a Duck hen...He could really do damage to your Chickens or kill them...

Keep him separate and either rehome him or buy a couple of Duck hens and build a new pen for Ducks..

Best of luck

1 person likes this.
  3. shantelll

shantelll New Egg

Sep 15, 2016
    thank you for your help :) , ill have to rehome him , I have someone interested and she has a lonely duck at her house do you think it would be okay if he went to a new home with 1 other duck or would he be aggressive toward the other duck as well ?

4. RachG75

RachG75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    hard to say, is this other duck male or female?

ps, the breed is actually a Pekin duck.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  5. shantelll

shantelll New Egg

Sep 15, 2016
    honestly not to sure , im guessing mine is a boy so I will let the lady know when she comes..

ohh opps ahaha , thanks

6. RachG75

RachG75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    Two males together can be a bad thing. Does your duck have a cute curly feather at the tail? If so, it's a male.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by