Peeper What's He Doin'?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by prairiehen74369, Jul 28, 2011.

1. prairiehen74369

prairiehen74369 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    north east oklahoma
    Peeper wll be four weeks old Saturday he has tripled in size can fly anywhere his Mom can. Petey and Ethel and Peeper hang out together during the day roost in different places at night. Petey has shed most of his feathers we've enjoyed picking them up...... mine are in a vase here by the computer.I call it a he and when I can tell the sex I'll probably change his name. He's still got a little baby fuz is pretty much feathered out. here's the strange part he's light colored and his feathers don't look like Moms or Dads. Out of the eight eggs that were hatched three were dark and five were light in color. Pete and Ethal both appear to be Indian Blue. I need a peafowl expert to advise me.

2. Knix6468

Knix6468 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Gaston Oregon
    Do you have any pics? we like pics [​IMG]

3. prairiehen74369

prairiehen74369 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    north east oklahoma
    Quote:I know .....I do too....... even know what kind I want just got to have the money and get to the store all at the same time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Well our peachick Peep is a male. I said that my first peachick was going to have a really cool name but my dad said no matter what he is still going to call him Peep, and the name has kinda stuck so we might make it longer like call him Peeps...So much for Peep not being a permanent name lol![​IMG]

5. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Pictures would help here. If they are markedly lighter, then there may be some other color or pattern going on, which would mean the parents were probably split to something. Pictures of the parents will help as well.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by