Peeper!!!! Yes!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by raymondjames, Nov 2, 2011.

1. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Today while putting my Silver lakenvelders in Lockdown (it was supposed to be yesterday then someone told me the first day is day 0...) i heard one peep and it had a small crack around the pointy tip (the air sac). I think this might be from when it internally pipped, and I think it wiggled (it's in a new position now). How long until I can expect fuzzy butts if they peep on day 18. I heard day 18.5 is better, and that would have been at like 5 in the morning, so I did it at 7. I think these little buggers might be out by day 19 or 20 (tonight or tomorrow). SO EXCITED!!! anyone else got news to share?

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congratulations [​IMG] The waiting is hard but once they start to pip it really gets hard [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Then I find myself staring at them intently for hours [​IMG] It can sure take awhile! I have a few silkie eggs due to hatch tomorrow that are starting to wiggle! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    what color!!??? i might get 2 buff silkies and 2 red frizzle seramas and 2 ameracauna pullets, 2 australorp pullets, and 2 leghorn pullets. lol starting my flock soon. [​IMG]

4. AllyRodrigues

AllyRodrigues Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    I did my lockdown last night and could see some of the eggs rocking around a little after laying them flat..That was pretty cool! This is my first hatch, and so far, so good!

5. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    ahhh....im on day 17. I'm dying!!! Ok, tell me more! Any pips? More rocking and peeping? I'm going to live vicariously through you guys. Can't wait to lockdown tomorrow night!!!

6. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    A wonderful assortment from CJ's Exotics - Lavender, blue,black,splash, partridge A GP that is a surprise cause I can't figure out what GP stands for grey partridge grey paint???? What fun 11 in all [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by