"Peepers" for juvenile pullet

Backyard Hencam

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 27, 2009
California Central Coast
I keep hearing about "peeper" as a solution for pecking. I've had a "bully" SLWyandotte for two month now. I've tried everything. She just is on the other 7 week old chicks constantly. Has not drawn blood but I keep her in a separate pen most of the time, putting her with the others only with supervision.

Has anyone been successful using "peepers"? Are they small enough for teenage youngsters? Where can I get them?
idunno.gif

I'm Scottish and don't give up easily.
he.gif

Re: "Peepers" for juvenile pullet
Hey--don't really know just trying to help a fellow TK. I do know you can buy them at........

www.randallburkey.com
www.flemingoutdoors.com
www.strombergschickens.com
www.eggcartons.com

I have checked out eggcartons.com and they are pretty large for our "meanie". I'll check out the others. Thanks for the contacts.
frow.gif

I was doing so well as a TK and still have a pretty good record. What is bump? Does it mean I should take this question off? How do I do that?
idunno.gif

I used peepers on 3 of my 9 week olds and they worked just fine.
Get the ones from eggcartons.com that are clip ons. I don't know if they come in different sizes. By the way, my main bully was a SLW, too.

I used peepers on 3 of my 9 week olds and they worked just fine.
Get the ones from eggcartons.com that are clip ons. I don't know if they come in different sizes. By the way, my main bully was a SLW, too.

Hmmm.......... Interesting about the SLW. Did she grow out of it? I am so tired of the havoc she causes, I just think that she was born that way. All we can do for her is let her grow a little and get her into a free-range situation.

Thanks for advice on eggcarton.com peepers.
frow.gif
I'll look into it further.​

Back
Top Bottom