"Peepers" for juvenile pullet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cambriagardener, May 16, 2009.

1. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I keep hearing about "peeper" as a solution for pecking. I've had a "bully" SLWyandotte for two month now. I've tried everything. She just is on the other 7 week old chicks constantly. Has not drawn blood but I keep her in a separate pen most of the time, putting her with the others only with supervision.

Has anyone been successful using "peepers"? Are they small enough for teenage youngsters? Where can I get them?[​IMG]

I'm Scottish and don't give up easily. [​IMG]

2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Bump!!!!!!

3. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

4. California Ducken

California Ducken Chillin' With My Peeps

I never used them so.......BUMP!

5. cambriagardener

Re: "Peepers" for juvenile pullet
    Hey--don't really know just trying to help a fellow TK. I do know you can buy them at........

www.randallburkey.com
    www.flemingoutdoors.com
    www.strombergschickens.com
    www.eggcartons.com

I have checked out eggcartons.com and they are pretty large for our "meanie". I'll check out the others. Thanks for the contacts.[​IMG]

I was doing so well as a TK and still have a pretty good record. What is bump? Does it mean I should take this question off? How do I do that? [​IMG]

6. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

A bump is just someone posting something to give your post a little jumpkick----so we don't kill it!!! LOL [​IMG] You don't need to remove your post. [​IMG]

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I used peepers on 3 of my 9 week olds and they worked just fine.
    Get the ones from eggcartons.com that are clip ons. I don't know if they come in different sizes. By the way, my main bully was a SLW, too.

8. cambriagardener

I used peepers on 3 of my 9 week olds and they worked just fine.
    Get the ones from eggcartons.com that are clip ons. I don't know if they come in different sizes. By the way, my main bully was a SLW, too.

Hmmm.......... Interesting about the SLW. Did she grow out of it? I am so tired of the havoc she causes, I just think that she was born that way. All we can do for her is let her grow a little and get her into a free-range situation.

Thanks for advice on eggcarton.com peepers. [​IMG] I'll look into it further.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by