Peepers!??!?!?!?!?OMG PLZ SAY IT ISNT SO!!! lots of cute pics :D

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Justino, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    heres my EE peepers who is currently 14 an 1/2weeks old....... Cockerel OR Pullet?????omg i love him so much and if hes a roo ill have to rehome him [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today i saw him playing with a squirrel and he puffed up his hackles......does this boy [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    ahhh...i am not an expert but it kinda looks boyish to me [​IMG] i hope not tho so you can keep him!!! Is there an ordinance at your place about roosters or something? too bad there wasn't a safe and painless way to stop them from crowing loud....

what i never understood was what is the big deal about a rooster crowing? Theres no ordinance about wild birds singing...LOL! <----wild birds insure I keep my windows shut in the morning so i can sleep past 5 am. LOL

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  3. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    to me he doesnt apear to have any pointed or long saddle feathers compaired the rest

4. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

not nesisarily, my hens puff up thier hackle when they get mad or startled

5. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:i know! but i guess it would disturb my parents and neibores and i dont think i am even suposed to have 11 chickens so i dont wanna risk it......if it is a roo then im tryin everything in my power to keep it quiet during mornings because i think if its nice and it doesnt crow early in the mornin then im good.....i think

6. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:ok good because yeah it did just puff up its hackles and then i was "OMG plz tell me that doesnt mean anything!"

7. lacymarie0526

lacymarie0526 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2008
    this is a picture of my 16 wk EE I dont think yours is but i'm no expert
    [​IMG]

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    by the way in picture three, the one infront of Peepers pecking at the bike looks more like a rooster to me than peepers does (i see saddle feathers or atleast taht's what it looksl ike on the one in picture three messing with the bike *the one infront of peepers) ANND it looks liek it has a bigger comb.

then again, im not good at sexing EEs that young lol!

9. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    The only thing that say's roo to me is the pointy tall feather's. With the EE's the comb on a roo will be raised more than on a hen, or atleast that is how they are on mine. I had a hard time telling roo from hen.

Edited to add: I don't know..... [​IMG]

10. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:i know thats carley and i think hes a boy but idk [​IMG] im bad at guessing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by