peeping and peeping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by twinkie, Jul 22, 2011.

1. twinkie

twinkie Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    LOUDONVILLE, OHIO 44842
    Hi!

Please tell me how can you hear the chicks peeping and pipping

inside the shell that is inside the incubator????

I have a Hova-Bator that holds48 eggs.

Thanks for your help!

2. Rhondax6

Rhondax6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    I don't know about from inside an incubator but I could hear mine peeping as clear as anything from under the hen about five feet away.

3. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

Oohh this is always exciting I always love seeing chicks hatch from the incubator! [​IMG] Well, when they are peeping and your in the same room you should hear it pretty good, peeps arent usualy quiet so a better question would be, how do you not hear it? Sometimes I grab an egg on hatching day, and, to check if its hatching, I put it up to my ear and tap it with my nail, that usualy gets some peeps out of any quiet eggs. Good Luck onthe hatch [​IMG]

4. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    how far into incubation can you get to hear peeping? Gosh, this is like feeling for movement when you are pregnant. Exciting!

5. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    I can hear mine about the 20th day.... coming into the room if the incubator is full

6. StrayMagnet

StrayMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    I can't waite to start to hatch eggs,

I think I'm going to buy a webcam (even tho there is one built into my pc) and when it's close to hatch day.. have it on record.. unless by then my area gets it's DSL.. then I will keep it on Live web feed. so we all can watch the hatch.. if not Then I'll have it on video!!!.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by