Peeping day 21 nothing day 22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamasitahen, Dec 16, 2015.

1. mamasitahen

mamasitahen Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2015
    This is my second hatch and the first time I got 21 chicks to hatch out of 38 fertile eggs. This time I only ended up with 17 that made it to lock down out of 30 fertile. Yesterday morning I could hear some peeps and see some rocking slightly but today absolutely nothing. Today is day 22. I know they can go late a couple of days and I have had a lot of trouble maintaining the temp since lockdown. It concerns me that I could hear/see life yesterday but not today. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. mirandaleecon

mirandaleecon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    Hi! I'm sorry, I just noticed no one responded to you. Have they made any progress? Have you candled them or done a float test?

3. mamasitahen

mamasitahen Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2015
    Thanks - I did candle and float test many of them today - they were all dead. I have about 8 more in there - I am sure they are probably dead also - no sounds or movements. I think it was the temp - I just couldn't get it stable again after lock down.

4. mirandaleecon

mirandaleecon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    I'm sorry about your hatch, it's always disappointing when it doesn't go well :(

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh no! I am so sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by