Peeping inside egg, Mama won't sit anymore!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chik'nGrl, May 23, 2011.

1. Chik'nGrl

Chik'nGrl New Egg

May 6, 2009
    My Broody hen hatched 3 chicks Sat and Sunday and has 2 more to go, unfortunately, she has no interest in these unhatched eggs now that the chicks have arrived!
    I can NOT for the life of me get to her sit back on those 2 eggs. she keeps kicking them out of the nest and just sitting on the babies.
    I can hear the one peeping inside the egg!! Is there anything I can do? We don't have an incubator only a heat lamp. Will they continue to hatch under just the heat lamp? What about humidity?
    HELP!

2. waysidedesign

waysidedesign Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    ohhh....so sad.....I can't get mine to pip yet and we are on day 22 in a nice new incubator....[​IMG]

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Any port in a storm, i say use the heat lamp and hope for the best

4. natchlaly

natchlaly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    east yorkshire UK
    I would give the heat lamp a go and put some faceclothes or towels that are dampened with warm water next to them to try and heighten the humidity [​IMG] sry dont have a definate answer for you but hope this helps [​IMG] is what i would do if i didnt have a bator [​IMG]

5. Chik'nGrl

Chik'nGrl New Egg

May 6, 2009
    Thanks, I have them under the heat lamp and I put a wet sponge next to them and a garden "greenhouse" top on it to try to build up the humidity. One has pipped! Hopefully it's warm/humid enough for it to get the rest of the way out! Crossing our fingers!

6. Sadiew

Sadiew Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Spain
    Oh good luck hope it all goes well, I am on day 24 and no signs of hatchings at all yet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by