Peeping or my imagination?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sydneyb, Feb 11, 2014.

1. sydneyb

sydneyb New Egg

Feb 10, 2014
    I think I hear the chicks chirping inside the eggs but it had been off and on and it is so quiet almost Inaudible! And I don't think I'm crazy... Because my entire family can hear it but only when it's super quiet and their ears are really close to the bator... Any thoughts on what this could mean? Is it normal for the chirping to be so quiet?

2. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    hello yes It is normal they may have eternally pipped and getting ready to hatch what day are you on?

3. sydneyb

sydneyb New Egg

Feb 10, 2014
    Day 22!

4. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    . oh yes then that could mean you could have some peepers just remember it can take up to 21-23 days for and egg to hatch this is the most exciting part but you have to sit on your hands and do not open the incubator as the eggs may get shrink wrapped once they pip

5. BaileyBoy

BaileyBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2014
    Hi I am sydneyb's brother. the one actually incubating the eggs. If there is still no hatch after day 23, what do you think i should do?

6. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    . Errm.. Well depending on what temperature you had the eggs on etc then I would give them about 3 more days but If you are hearing cheeps then they should be hatching pretty soon if they do not hatch by day 23-24 you could do an egg autopsy and check out how they were doing and what happened inside the egg my advice is you leave them about 3-4 more days but as I said if the eggs have internally pipped then you should see somthing soon you can only learn by your mistakes as I learnt with hatching a couple of times Fingers crossed fro your little chickies to pop out soon :fl Best of luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by