Peeps Leg Stretching

Russo's Roost

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Morrisville VT
I am a newbie, 3 golden comets and 3 bard rocks, I am hoping to add some Rhode Island Reds soon. The girls are in a cardboard box with shavings covered with paper towels. They are 3 days old today. I have noticed them stretching their legs almost straight behind them a times, is this normal?
One of the Golden Comets (tinkerbell) has pasty butt but I think I have that under control, how long before her bare butt is covered with something, hair or feathers?

Do they stand up with their leg stretched out and their wing stretched out? If so, they are just stretching. Nothing to worry about.
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

They don't stretch the entire body, they stretch ine keg at a time straight out behind them paralell to the ground, wings are too small yet to tell if they are involved in the stretch.

My Golden Sebrights (nearly 2 weeks old) have been doing this quite a bit. They stretch legs and wings at the same time. Probably has something to do with them growing so fast. I wouldn't worry.

we keep laughing that with every little leg stretch the get a little bit taller! they are growing!

tai chi... ohmigosh that it hilarious.....

Back
Top Bottom