Peeps w/ Hova-Bators - - - >

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Hey Peeps! [​IMG]
    This is my dream incubator that I am really looking forward to getting.
    https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66#

I would love for Hovabator owners to give me feed back on this incubator. I hear they're pretty awesome but...

Thanks for any input ~ QQ

ETA: Does anybody have the full view one ( like the one shown above ). Do they like the full view better or just the plain Hovabator?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy,

your not trying to influence Santa Clause are you????

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Haha - How did you guess! [​IMG]

Noo..I'm saving up for this on my own. I clean a house and I split the money w/ my older sis' I make 30 dollars everyother week - so it'll be awhile ( perhaps ) but I'm hopeing it'll be worth it! [​IMG]

4. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Actually, I knew you intentions were good! [​IMG]
    Just my vibe from you.

But, then you know, if only you know the true wishes of your heart, noone can help you get, that you most desire.

So are these hova bators any good?

I heard someone else saying Briensia (sp sic) was the only way to go.

5. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    I've gotta 1582 here.

It's old, but it's working fine!

Stable temps, nice BIG window so my kids can see the action!

6. Keara

Keara Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    Vermont
    I have one too. Used it once to test..... really liked it. I am very excited to hatch several batches starting in Feb '11. I love the large window too. It was very much "fool proof".

nice to hear from pete that they age well. It was my main concern when I fisrt bought it.

7. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey there...I have a Genesis 1588 and it is awesome..holds the temp solid and someone on here has great ideas for the water trays (colored water) and it holds the humidity great...I love it and it is stupid proof...I have 19 eggs hatching Christmas Eve...go for it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    A friend of mine bought one this summer as her very first incubator. She hatched a batch of chicks and 30 quail eggs and says she loves it! Very easy to use and beginner proof.

I want one SO bad before spring!!! I'm hoping I can find a used one... I KNOW some of you want to upgrade to a Brinsea for Christmas, right? [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    fl_deb: I heard they were nice incubators too. But the only thing I wouldn't like about them is they can't hold as many eggs. [​IMG]

Petej: Full view windows is a big + for me. The current incubator I have now is solid wood and has no way to see inside. Therefore I have to open the incubator to see if anything hatched or not. And the chicks can fall behind the fan and...ugh!

Keara: I really like that is comes with the 30 Bobwhite eggs so that way I can test hatch something in it. [​IMG]

dwegg: You are so bad! You shouldn't have posted that picture! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Now I want one even MORE! [​IMG]

Cowgirl71: I'm going to begin hatching eggs after Christmas so I'm really hopeing that I "Might" get one..if not I'll just have to stick w/ my current one and put plexi-glass or something on the front so I can see inside! LOL [​IMG]

10. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Not sure of age, but i know it's obsolete.

Still works great [​IMG] , I have it sitting on an end table in the sitting room, in front the fireplace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Look closely and you can see my eggs! Including my Americauna egg, which when candle 4 days ago, looked like it had "something" in it. [​IMG]

I do have some drafts, but it keeps everything in check, unlike the LG in the same room.

The LG is not so great at temp control and even worse when there are drafts. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by