peeps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aflad2012, Feb 19, 2012.

1. aflad2012

aflad2012 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Hello Everyone from Sioux Falls, SD.

2. Leslie Standen

Leslie Standen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Had to say Hi! My father came from Sioux Falls.......................... so,
    Hello from the Mt. Hood cities of Oregon. I am looking forward to the "babies" on their way, the Spring and a
    Summer filled with eggs, beautiful chickens and wonderful antics. Also looking forward to my husband's
    expansion of the coop! Each year we seem to add something new, make something larger and add more
    chickens....................it is addicting!

3. aflad2012

Feb 18, 2012
    We are getting our new chicks in April and we're sooo excited. Our neighbors think we are weird for having them in town. I just remember having them when i was a little girl and i loved feeding them. We are getting 5 chicks. 2 orpingtons, 1 RIR, 1 Barred Rock, and 1White Rock. We are just trying to figure out some cute names for them.

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. aflad2012

Feb 18, 2012
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I just love reading everyone's stories and seeing all the beautiful hens. They all look sooo happy and content. It makes me want spring to come that much faster. My favorite season is the spring because, I would look forward to the robins coming back and hearing the first chirps and songs. But now, I have to make room the for the chicks. Does anyone have any advice about raising your hens with doggies? I have a beagle name Casey and a sheltie name, Duke and I'm not too worried about Duke but Casey on the other hand not too sure.

6. un-named543

un-named543 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2012
    SE Minnesota
    [​IMG]
    Hi!!!
    My good friend will be visiting your town for the spraying convention on Wed and Thur!

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

9. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio

10. Leslie Standen

Leslie Standen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    You have some great chick breeds coming! The only one I don't have is the "White Rock".
    Enjoy your chicks when they arrive and they will each in turn literally tell you what they
    should be named by their characteristics and/or personalities! I am brooding my first
    RIR in with some Ameraucanas. She is amazingly smart and is the only one who always
    stretches her neck and looks up at me every time I check the brooder! I think we have a
    special friendship developing! I know, within a few weeks, she will show me what her name
    should be!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by