Peggy gets a new home, maybe? Black Copper Pullet, GA

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pumpkinpup, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I got Peggy in a group of black copper marans chicks from a local breeder. I handed the money over for my 10 chicks and was in turn handed a closed box full of little peeping babies. I had purchased from this man before and never gave it a thought to check the peeps over before leaving with them as it was cold and rainy and I just wanted to get home [​IMG]
    Upon unpacking my new babies I discovered that one little peep had a severely crooked foot and only hopped around on the one good leg. The deformed one tured out to the side at a 90degree angle, thus she was dubbed, Peggy. Her condition was clearly an injury and not genetic as you could see where she had hurt it by getting her foot hung in something.
    She seemed normal in every other way and I could not bring myself to be heartless enough to destroy the active little chick who seemed perfectly happy just as she was.
    Time rocked on and she is now 4 months old. She is still getting about fine and because of space issues I find myself in the position of needing to find her a home now. I feel confident that she will go on to mature and lay eggs later when grown. I can't put her with my older birds as they would most likely kill her because she is different.
    If you have a place for this sweet little pullet, please let me know. She is free to a good home and I will include a regular black marnas pullet to keep her company that she is already acustomed to [​IMG] I will post pics later. Thanks for reading this and I truly hope there is someone out there that is right for this special little girl.
    Disclaimer: I am saying she based on the fact there is no male coloring coming in yet as did with my others. Marans are one of those breeds where the hens are masculine looking anyhow so I am not 100% sure. [​IMG]
    EDITED TO ADD PIC
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Pumpkinpup can I ask where in northwest Ga are you?

3. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    If I was closer to you I would surely take her!!!! Good Luck in finding her a home!

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I am in Buchanan, GA.
    You will have to forgive her unkempt appearance in the pic. As you can imagine, she breaks her feathers up bad all the time and stays dirty from resting on her belly alot [​IMG] It's also a bit blurry as she was not very hip on having her pic taken [​IMG]

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I would come get her in a minute if I were closer. I sure hope Peggy finds a happy home.

6. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Your too far from me but I'm sure someone will give her a loving home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by