PEI Provincial Exhibition Poultry Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by BunkyB, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BunkyB

BunkyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everybody. Heading out to good ol Charlottetown, PEI for the 4 day poultry show on the Island.This will be my first bird show on the Island that I have attended. SUV rented, hotel booked. Looking forward to the show. I am told there are over 525 bird enthusiasts that are booked to be there over the 4 day period.

I guess in a sense I get to see all the breeds that I don't carry as well as the breeds I do. Unfortunately I won't be buying or swapping this year. I am well over my limit again with my barns being dedicated as husbandries this season. I have now hatched out well over 500 chicks this season so far, filled in everybodys orders for this season. Guess I am keeping over 200 of the chicks this season. Giving away all my older stock including roos. Anyone local to me here in Blue Mountain, Nova Scotia can swing by and have their pickings of over 15 different breeds that I carry.ALL FREE for the taking.

I have to wind down this year as the ugly "C" word, Cancer has reared its ugly head again on me and I am forced to slow things down before winter. If anyone is attending this show in PEI I will be the tall skinny guy in a wheelchair being pushed around by my sisters and brother.This is a first for them and it should be a treat for them as well.I will have signage on my chair showing the Backyardchickens name on my chair just in case members are attending the show. If I get a chance and there is WiFi at the show I will go live on Facebook with video. I will definitely have lots of stories and pictures to show after it is all over.

Hope to see some members there from around my part of the world. Oh yeah, the show is taking place from August 11-15 in Charlottetown.Thanks Trevor MacDonald for answering my questions via email as to accessability for wheelchairs.Looking forward to meeting him there. Well, that's it folks...another story told by BunkyB.

2. PEI chicken

PEI chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Hi BunkyB

I plan to visit the poultry show in Charlottetown tomorrow evening. I don't show my silver pencilled Plymouth Rocks, but you can see pics of my birds on the Plymouth Rock Breeding thread.

If I see you there, I'll say hello.

Bye for now, PEI Chickens (Janet Docherty)

3. BunkyB

BunkyB Chillin' With My Peeps

That would be nice to see you there. Completely unfamiliar territory for me.We spent the day today(Sunday) playing tourist in downtown Charlottetown, had a big scoff of fish and chips and wheeled and walked around the marina that is handy the bird show.
    Beautiful day for everything today. Perfect weather. Well there shouldn't be too many of us in wheelchairs tomorrow(Monday) so I should be easy to spot.
    Take care and maybe we'll cross paths :)
    Steve(BunkyB)

4. PEI chicken

PEI chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Hi Steve

I missed seeing you at the exhibition this evening. I didn't stay in any one place very long. but had a good look at the poultry. I was surprised that there were so many bantams and not so many standard sized chickens. Lots of different pigeons too. Hope the rest of your visit on PEI goes well.

Cheers,

PEI Chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by