Pekin bantam thread!

Oscarsgravett

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
East Sussex , England
I haven't got any of the breed at the moment but I am getting some of their fertile eggs to hatch and most of my life I have grown up with these beautiful breeds.I couldn't find a thread for the breed so here it is :) Post any pics or comments you have of them :).

Well I just found out four of my chooks are Pekins!
I've got one buff pekin(brown) two pekins(mine are black) and one cuckoo pekin(my rooster Dudley)
I'm having trouble uploading pics but I'll try again tomorrow
Good luck with your chicks. Post pics when you have them!!!

Well I just found out four of my chooks are Pekins!
I've got one buff pekin(brown) two pekins(mine are black) and one cuckoo pekin(my rooster Dudley)
I'm having trouble uploading pics but I'll try again tomorrow
Good luck with your chicks. Post pics when you have them!!!
Your pekins sound wonderful and I will keep you updated with mine. :)

Got the pictures! :3

I have 3 x Pekin Bantams who I love to bits .. definite fan of the breed!

Aaaw, how could you ignore the Frizzle!
wink.png

I also have a Bantam Langshan and a Silkie .. the next flock member to go broody is definitely getting Pekin Bantam eggs.

Cilla:

Blondie:

LuLu (Pekin Frizzle):

And these little guys are Blondie's brothers who had to be found new homes (no roosters allowed):

I have 3 x Pekin Bantams who I love to bits .. definite fan of the breed! Aaaw, how could you ignore the Frizzle! ;) I also have a Bantam Langshan and a Silkie .. the next flock member to go broody is definitely getting Pekin Bantam eggs. Cilla: Blondie: LuLu (Pekin Frizzle): And these little guys are Blondie's brothers who had to be found new homes (no roosters allowed):
They are all so beautifulbeautiful. I am so glad I am getting some pekin and frizzle fertile eggs . Blondie is stunning :) Lovely pics. Did you have any. Trouble hatching out frizzles or Perkins? The only reason I'm asking is this will be my first time hatching out these breeds.

They are all so beautifulbeautiful. I am so glad I am getting some pekin and frizzle fertile eggs . Blondie is stunning
smile.png

Lovely pics. Did you have any. Trouble hatching out frizzles or Perkins? The only reason I'm asking is this will be my first time hatching out these breeds.
Thank You
big_smile.png

Blondie has a bit of a fan club happening on one of the other threads I post in; she is a sweetie :)

I have not hatched Frizzles (I purchased LuLu a couple of months ago from a breeder) but Blondie and her brothers were my first attempt at hatching Pekin's; having hatched one batch of Silkies previously.

The eggs were shipped overnight from a breeder and given to Cilla who was broody. I gave her 9 eggs, 7 hatched, 2 unfortunately did not make it through the night and 5 survived, 4 roosters and 1 pullet. So no trouble as such with this lot and same story with the Silkies previously, no real dramas.

I have no experience with incubators though, do not even own one.

Are you hatching with an incubator or under a broody?
How long have you got to go?

Thank You :D

Blondie has a bit of a fan club happening on one of the other threads I post in; she is a sweetie :)

I have not hatched Frizzles (I purchased LuLu a couple of months ago from a breeder) but Blondie and her brothers were my first attempt at hatching Pekin's; having hatched one batch of Silkies previously.

The eggs were shipped overnight from a breeder and given to Cilla who was broody.  I gave her 9 eggs, 7 hatched, 2 unfortunately did not make it through the night and 5 survived, 4 roosters and 1 pullet.  So no trouble as such with this lot and same story with the Silkies previously, no real dramas.

I have no experience with incubators though, do not even own one.

Are you hatching with an incubator or under a broody?  
How long have you got to go?

That's good to know you didn't have much trouble hatching them out. I am using a broody who has17 days to go :)

Back
Top Bottom