Pekin bantams /Cochins what sex ? Please. Newbie

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by redwine2much, Aug 2, 2014.

1. redwine2much

redwine2much New Egg

Aug 2, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello. I am a new pekin bantam (Cochin) owner and hopefully have bought three girls?! One lavender, two millefleurs. One millefleur is darker with longer neck , bigger also. They are now 11 1/2 weeks. Please can any lovely knowledgeable people out there help? Thanks :p

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. redwine2much

redwine2much New Egg

Aug 2, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics ......

3. mrslovely

mrslovely Out Of The Brooder

They all look like pullets to me[​IMG]

4. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Watch the one on the left in last pic, other than that, they all look like pullets!

1 person likes this.
  5. mrslovely

mrslovely Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]here are my 3 at 9 weeks.you can clearly see the difference.look at the roo.

6. redwine2much

redwine2much New Egg

Aug 2, 2014
    Ah lovely thanks so much [​IMG] your roo is clearly developed. I was really crossing fingers they are all girls but I think the breeder even thought the dark one was a boy! He was insisting I should have a boy to protect the girls, (which I would like to do but worried about neighbours!) the breeder also said if I had just three they would be too cold in winter. Any advice please? We are in wiltshire and I have a forsham ark where they have all upstairs for bedroom quarters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by