Pekin Bully..lol

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by QuackShack, Feb 20, 2014.

1. QuackShack

QuackShack New Egg

Jan 19, 2014
    Ok fellow Pekin lovers....Help..lol..I have a 8 week old female (Pearl)....who lives with a cayuga female, khaki campbell female, and a chicken..(female).....Everyone gets along beautifully......But recently Pearl has started chest butting .......she will be standing in front of another duck, and then just chest butt it....nothing else,she even got Hubby when he was reaching in to feed..almost ran up his arm........ what is she doing..........any thoughts..?????...She is a real calm mellow girl except for this.......Help....lololol

2. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Probably just doling out discipline for the lower members of the flock,perhaps she's getting ready to lay/nest/sit. If she's not being particularly violent, I wouldn't be too concerned. It IS the beginning of mating season for many, and hormones will be going crazy. If anything I think it's best that your top duck is a mellow, calm personality. It will help keep the flock balanced.

3. QuackShack

QuackShack New Egg

Jan 19, 2014
    thanks...........it helps......this is my first Pekin, and shes a big girl.....Makes the others look punie..lol...When shes on the move ya just get out of her way....... this is so funny to watch, they just look at her..., cuz shes looking at them, then bam..and she walks away, and there still standing there like what the heck just happened......:)))))))

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by