Pekin Duck Qualities!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chicken7777, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Chicken7777

Chicken7777 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    Hello everyone, does anyone have pekin ducks from Ideal poultry or from Mcmurry hatchery? i would love to compare qualities from both........also does anyone have British Pekin ducks, i have heard they are different from ours is that true? i would appreciate some pictures of any pekin you might have received from whatever hatchery or private breeder because i would love to compare to see which one has the best quality to buy...............i am interested in a show quality one so if you happen to have one please do post one to see what is the difference(what is the difference between a show quality pekin compared to the hatcheries?)

Thanks soo much!

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I am not sure of the quality differences.... I have 2 5 week old ducklings that were hatched from someone else's ducks. I don't know where they got their ducks from so I'm unsure what qualities you are looking for exactly?

Like, what would a show quality duck you are looking for offer that's appealling for you?

3. Madfarmer

Madfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2008
    Alvin, TX
    Your best bet for show stock would be to check the ads in Poultry Press. Most hatchery stock is not going to be show quality. You'll have to find an exhibition breeder who shows.

Madfarmer

4. Chicken7777

Chicken7777 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    Yes i guess what i would like to know is what is it thats in a show quality pekin.............there must be someone out there that knows, or has one so please do help if you can! [​IMG] i appreciate it....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by