Pekin duck with slipped achilles tendon

Can anyone help me what can I do?
That doesn't look good and you need to help it ASAP. go here https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry and scroll down till you come to the problem your duck has hopefully you'll be able to help her. Only other thing I can think of is a vet. Please keep us updated. also try to fashion a sling of some kind to keep her from trying to put weight on her leg. Floating in a tub of warm water with supervision will help relieve pressure.

You need to take her to a vet ASAP. She needs a sling and a wrap to keep the foot in the correct position and sturdy enough to that it will keep it there while it heals. I also agree that water therapy can do wonders to help strengthen her foot muscles and take pressure off the joint. If you don't act soon her leg will be stuck that way and she'll be crippled for life. Poor ducky ;;

I took her to the animal vet. She said: We can't help her... She can't walk,can't stand up and soon she will die.
1 week ago I bougt her Brewers Yeast, and now she's better. She can stand and she can a little walk.
I buy her a duck shoe?

I took her to the animal vet. She said: We can't help her... She can't walk,can't stand up and soon she will die.
1 week ago I bougt her Brewers Yeast, and now she's better. She can stand and she can a little walk.
I buy her a duck shoe?
I'm sorry to hear the vet didn't want to try and help her. Go back to the link I gave you and see if there isn't something you can make something to hold her leg and foot in the proper position and wait and see if it heals. Give her the Brewers yeast daily sprinkle over her feed. 1 Tab to 1 cup of feed. Try to keep her where she isn't trying to keep up with other ducks but give her tub time with warm water deep enough she can float. as often as you can but stay with her so she doesn't try to jump out on her own.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with Miss Lydia, and I would give her good food, keep up the brewer's yeast, give water floating time, try making a soft splint - it will take some experimenting. Keep her at a comfortable temperature.

Keep telling us her progress!

Back
Top Bottom