1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin duck with swollen leg

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by croberts, Feb 14, 2016.

1. croberts

croberts New Egg

Feb 14, 2016
    I have a pekin duck who has had a leg problem for a while. I have tried giving her brewer's yeast, vitamins and electrolytes in her water. I don't know what else to do. She can't walk very far. The leg is follen from the top and the foot is is not moving . Please help .

2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! We may need a picture. Also you may want to try and post another thread at Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries forum. People there have lots of knowledge on many things. The only thing that I can think of that could be it but I could be wrong is her legs are getting too cold which I wouldn't be counting on or maybe a fracture. You might need to take her into a vet to get an x-ray. I wish you luck with your Pekin duck and hope she makes a full recovery.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you have a poorly duck :hugs I'm afraid I'm not a duck keeper but please do drop by the duck section. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks I'm sure the duck keepers there should be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your duck :fl

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope people on the e/r thread can help you out

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. croberts

croberts New Egg

Feb 14, 2016

Her foot is hot to touch. Can't load a picture

7. croberts

croberts New Egg

Feb 14, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by