PEKIN DUCKLING HELPPP

Rosie1115

Chirping
May 3, 2019
Hello, I’m new to ducklings and recently got 8 of them 3 are Pekin ducklings and I feel there is something wrong with the one. When I got them about 5 days ago I noticed the one had looked like it had been pecked on the neck missing some feathers and a scab, I was hoping it was nothing and would improve in the next couple days. It did not though the scab is gone it seems to be missing more feathers on the neck and now on the wing as well. I have also noticed with this particular duckling that it breaths more heavily then the others sometimes almost sounding like he is wheezing. He also seems to flip over and get stuck on his back, now I’ve seen the other Pekin ducklings do this as well this particular one does it a lot more often. He also doesn’t seem to clean his nose or want to really play in the water when I let them swim. He seems to be a little more wobbly on his feet then the other also. I’m not sure what to do I have read about niacin deficiency’s and purchased poultry boosters to add to their feed which at the moment is chick starter , I am waiting for the duck starter to come Saturday. If anyone had any advice that would be greatly appreciated! THANKYOU

Separate him from the others if possible in a smaller cage. I have some jumbo Peking ducklings. I feed on recommendation of a duck breeder and she also owns a large community feed store,meat bird chick feed. It provides more nutrients that they need.

Separate him from the others if possible in a smaller cage. I have some jumbo Peking ducklings. I feed on recommendation of a duck breeder and she also owns a large community feed store,meat bird chick feed. It provides more nutrients that they need.
What type of feed do you use ? Right now they are only a couple of weeks old .

Back
Top Bottom