Pekin duckling isn't growing. Other ducklings are twice his size already!!

Feath3rDust3r

Songster
Mar 16, 2019
Altoona, IA
Hello. Last week I bought 5 pekin ducklings from TSC. We've been wanting some for ages since all ours disappeared last fall by some mystery predator (maybe a human... being that it was the middle of the day and I found no feathers!!)

Anyway 4 of the ducks are HUGE already and one hasn't grown at all. What should we be doing or is this normal?

PXL_20210309_160315582.MP.jpg

I got the all age duck feed from TSC and I'm giving it to them wet. He is eating and drinking. I would guess just over a week old.

The duck could just be small . Looks like a healthy size (3”long?) do you know the gender? The little one could be a girl and all the others could be boys . Could be a runt too .

The duck could just be small . Looks like a healthy size (3”long?) do you know the gender? The little one could be a girl and all the others could be boys . Could be a runt too .
I don't know the gender. They all peep still...no squwarks or quacks yet. It's a very loved duckling so I hope it's ok. We don't mind having males... but would 4 males to one female be a bit much?!

Back
Top Bottom