Pekin ducklings have yellow feathers?

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
These guys are getting feathers on their tails and wings. They look like they are coming in yellow? What gives? My older ones got white feathers when theirs started coming in! Is this normal?

Sunlight will affect the yellowness in the feathers of white ducks, as will what they eat. Feeding a lot of scratch or corn will affect the color, too. I always feed some corn scratch at night when it is cold. WHen we had all the snow here, I realized how yellow my white ducks are!
smile.png

Quote:
wow! interesting!..thanks for the info..(even if it wasnt for me...
big_smile.png
..).., Wendy

These guys are still in the house, and all they are getting is flock raiser (20%) mixed with chick starter (18%) with brewer's yeast mixed in. My pekins that are outside are very white, if there were snow on the ground they would blend right in!

Could it be the lack of sunlight? They have only been outside once, and that was today. They weren't out long cause it's still pretty chilly. They are 4 weeks old.

Oh they are that young....They still probably have underlying yellow down. They will molt those first feathers and white ones will come in.

Back
Top Bottom