pekin ducks boy or girl?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jess5254, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jess5254

jess5254 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Maine
    This spring we bought two day old pekins . They are now 15 weeks old. Sorry dont have a camera to post pics. I thought for sure without a doubt they were both females, and now I am wondering? One has a curled feather in its tail just one and the other has two curled feathers only slightly curled upwards a bit not much. I was also told that f they were boys they would have one black feather under there wing, and there is none. Just wondering what everyone opinion was, The feathers just started to curl about a week ago?? [​IMG]

2. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    How about voices? Are they loud or soft spoken? Girls are very loud and boys, by comparison, whisper...

3. jess5254

Jul 7, 2010
    Maine
    They walk around quacking all the time but they are not obnoxious about it.

4. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

By now the voice should be well defined. Boys sound like they have the sore throat and their loudness is like us talking. Girls on the other hand will give you a ear drum breaking quacking sound. The best way to tell is to grab them and see what comes out of them.

My boy talks all day long. More then the girls.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. jess5254

Jul 7, 2010
    Maine
    from the sounds of things I bet they are boys. That makes me sad was looking forward to eggs. Thanks for the info.

6. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    If they are quacking, they are girls. Drakes do not quack.

Michelle

7. jess5254

Jul 7, 2010
    Maine
    I know this might sound stupid, then what kind of noise do the boys mak:confused:e?, and what about the curled feather? Thanks:confused:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by