1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin Ducks need a good home.... Fredericksburg, VA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BantamMom13720, Jun 23, 2008.

1. BantamMom13720

BantamMom13720 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    I was given 16 Pekins this spring, and already had 4 little gals. They are sweet! and I love watching them and playing with them, I even built them a pond to play in.

BUT, my job is about to entail more travel, and because of predators of course they need to penned at night, and I won't always be here to do it. My neighbor's been helping but I hate to go on imposing on him, and when the days get shorter, it will be harder on the ducks.

I just want them to go to a good home where they won't be eaten! If you are in the Northern VA/Richmond areas, and would like to have the litte gals (they're all girls apparently), I'd like to place 15 of them and just keep 4 for me.

I can meet you halfway depending on the number you want- I have two cages which would comfortably house about 8 or so for the trip. Oh, you don't have to have a pond by the way- we started with a wading pool for them, just due to the heat. They just have to have plenty of fresh water for drinking- but if they have a wading pool, they really love to get in a splash around.

I let them out every morning and they roam the yard til dark and never wander off. I hate to give them up, but it's for their good.

BantamMom13720

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am very close to you. I would take them all but I don't keep pets. Everything on our farm has a job and a purpose.

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Then why did you hatch the Sebs? Didn't you say they were eye candy? [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Eggs. Their eggs are more valuable than they are for meat.

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Gotcha! (I think that meens "I got you")

EDIT: Parenthesis [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  6. BantamMom13720

BantamMom13720 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    I have seen no evidence that any of these ducks are males- not a curled tail in sight! They will be at laying age shortly-and I have had one other member express interest in taking some, but not all of them.

I wouldn't care if you got them for the eggs, all my gang have purpose also, I just would hate to think of anyone killing them , that's all.

Since you're near me Miss Prissy, it would be perfect and as soon as I've spoken with the other member, if you'd like to have the balance of them for the eggs, that would be great!

BantamMom13720
    (Robin)

7. lisabug

lisabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    Do you still have any of these gals left? I have been looking for 2 gals to go with my 2 guys:)

Lisa

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I need a few more gals for my 2 guys. If you have any left, PM me. THanks

9. Vagirl

Vagirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2008
    Virginia
    Hi, I have a nice big pond with a few geese and ducks and can take whatever you have left! I am in Locust Grove, not too far from Spotsy! Our pond is fenced in so they would be safe, call me 540-623-3361, thanks, Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by